Thursday 22 June 2017

Sylph from Reaper

Another Reaper Bones mini, this time it’s a Sylph, sculpted by Julie Guthrie. It’s a bit different than the metal version.
This is another of the minis my daughter chose for me to paint, and it was rather difficult to finish, as especially the wings were hard to do justice. As it is I painted them white followed by a yellow wash. That turned out far too yellow so I had to drybrush them white to tone everything down a bit. Still to yellow, I think, but I do like the blue dress she wears. 
Anyway, here she is.

Welcome Google+ follower Todd Brashear!
A comparison the get a feel for her size

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm very fond of the blue colour. really like it, you'll see more of it soon

      Delete
  2. Excellent. I'm sure my granddaughters will like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does hold a certain appeal to young daughters/granddaughters :-)

      Delete
  3. Great stuff, fancied using this miniature for my Clerics Spiriit Guardians in D&D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a really good idea.
      I'm sure I will find some sort of use for her sooner or later.

      Delete