Thursday 8 June 2017

Blue Moon Manufacturing – Slice of Americana, part 1

 
I won Blue Moon Manufacturing's boxed set Slice of Americana a couple of years ago and seems like a good time to dust it off, clean up the models, prime them and give them at least a basic paintjob.
The box contains 20 minis very suitable for 1930’s environments, and I’m sure they will come in handy in our club games of Pulp Alley.
I’ll paint them in four batches, as I’ve found out that five to seven models a time is a rather optimal number for me, as the risk is very high that I’ll just be bored to tears trying to do more in one go. Having five of these each time gives me the freedom to toss in an odd model or two in between.
So, here’s the first round of figures, males this time, and all looking respectable. Very basic but useful anyway, as you can never have too many civilians in a pulp-game (well, you could, but… you know).

Welcome Google+-follower Thunder Chrome. Hope you’ll enjoy the site.

11 comments:

  1. They look very nice. The moustachioed gentleman with green pants would not look out of place in Dead Man's Hand either.

    Or are you starting the Chicago Way?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, laffe!
      They are markedly smaller than my Black Scorpion minis for DMH, so I'm afraid I won't use any of them in a western setting.
      I might game Chicaga Way sometime, but Pulp Alley is going strong and I'm sure they will see action there.

      Delete
  2. Nice...particularly the tubby chap with the cigar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Smashing stuff Joakim, interesting group of fellas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, my friends!
    It's a really nice little box of minis, as you will see. I can heartily recommend it, as I can with the Cairo Civilians box I've painted before. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um, the box I really meant was “I just don’t feel my age”-box with mummies, locals and explorers. But the civilians are good, too.

      Delete
  5. Nice figures, very useful from Old West to Pulp to Gangster. While they look great, painting one or two in black or a dark gray might add something to the palette.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure will be useful.
      YOu're absolutely right about paints, and as there is another batch of gentlemen there is still a chance for that. I have especially one that will look good dressed in black. Goes with the violin case :-)

      Delete