Wednesday 3 May 2017

Howling hag and other Ravenloft minis + Hellknight

Here’s the Howling Hag from the Ravenloft game. A not too bad mini, that might see action in other games also.
Next up are Allisa, a female ranger, and Arjhan, a dragonborn fighter. Rather uninspiring sculpts that I really just wanted paint on. Not my best…
Well, it certainly looks better with paint than without.
Just a few more minis and that game is finished. Unfortunately, those same figures are not the funniest of the bunch. They’re all on the painting table, though.
Finally Hellknight, Order of the Nail, sculpted by Bobby Jackson and from my mini-mountain of Reaper Bones figures.

Not the most fantastic of minis, but very fast to finish. Just a couple of different metals and browns followed by a black wash. Done in no time, really, and, to be honest, I finished him just to get a fast dent in the mountain.
I needed that as the last month has been very slow miniatures-wise.

Welcome new follower Alter Ego!

14 comments:

  1. The Howling Hag does look good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the Hag a lot, really is putting some oomf into that howl :-) Nicely painted Joakim :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She sure is a howler. That one turend out surprisingly well, actually.

      Delete
  3. Some wonderfully different sculpts and good work too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a mixed bag, for sure. Thankfully a painted mixed bag :-)

      Delete
  4. Very Nice Joakim! I have to say it's amazing how many figures you paint monthly - we need a photo of all the figures together soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ivor!
      I had this idea of making an end-of-year pic with everything I've painted during the year. Problem is that the stuff is here at home and at the club, so the logistics isn't the easiest.
      Maybe a end of month pic.
      That's an idea, and I could bring them all together in a end-of-year post.

      Delete
  5. Nice bit of work Joakim I really like the guy you painted blue lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my best!
      But that is a horrible colour! Ok, I understand that you want the hero-figs to stand out if you use unpainted plastics, but dark blue... kills all details.

      Delete
  6. I'm not keen on the dragonborn or hellnight sculpts.Allisa and the hag have turned out well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the hag, but the other figs were so-so (or rather ugly)

    ReplyDelete