Monday 7 December 2015

Pyramid from Amera

I’ve bought some Amera pieces for my Frostgrave gameboard and this one, F232 Pyramid, is the first one finished.
Amera produces vacuum-formed white polystyrene terrain pieces and have everything from fantasy to SF in scales from 1/600 to 1/35.
The pyramid started out as a plain pyramid but I had other plans for it. 
For Halloween I bought a bag of skulls with the intention of boosting some terrain-pieces with it and the pyramid was perfect for that. 
I cut the skulls into suitable forms, glued them in place and finally green-stuffed all cracks.
For the ground around the pyramid I had these OO scale self adhesive stone paving slabs from Metcalfe and I glued them to the base with white glue to be sure it held.
Everything painted in the same style as the rest of my other Frostgrave buildings. To have at least some colour on the table I had the sides of the pyramids in antique red and drybrushed them heavily with the base colours to get a really worn look.

Another piece ready for Frostgrave.
Enough with these cultist! 

14 comments:

  1. Brilliant! Dammit...I need to find some more storage space!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      It turned out far better than I envisioned.
      And, yes, you need more storage space :-)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the tip regarding Amera. Some really useful terrain there. Bookmarked for future projects!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent that you found a new 'dealer' :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job the skulls are a nice touch & you might find that it is also good for PA games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and you are off course right. I think we might see this temple on Perilous Island soon.

      Delete
  5. That really looks the business! Nice and imposing too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does. Now I'm waiting for an altar to have on top of it... :-)

      Delete
  6. Nice terrain, but we all know there can never be enough cultists! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for this love the colour scheme!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome.
      More buildings on the painting table now and will see a post or two in the near (or not so near) future

      Delete