Friday 9 October 2015

Dust – Light Panzer Walker I-C ‘Hans’

The Dust kickstarter debacle put me off my Dust-models for a while, but now I’m in Dust Warfare-mode and have started painting again. These figs are such a joy to paint and that means you will see more Dust the rest of the year.
This is the German light scout walker ‘Hans’ armed with Granatenwerfer and Panzerfaust-werfer making it decent against both infantry and AFV:s.
Painted with Vallejo 995 German Grey and high-lighted with a drybrush of 992 Neutral Grey. Decals from Warlord and their Bolt Action range.
I read my friend Laffe’s blogpost on his Pz IV and how he simulated chipped paint. So, for the for the first time ever I ripped off a bit of packaging foam, dipped it in Citadel Chainmail and started dapping the edges. 
Not too bad a result if I may so, but it all looked a bit shiny so I gave the whole model a wash of Army Painter Strong Tone ink. Now it looks properly worn.

I might use some black pigments for the rocket exhaust tubes but the model is ready to face the evil SSU or Allies as he stands now.

8 comments:

  1. Looks good. Nice work on the chipping. I quite like using the bit of foam to do chipping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you
      It was a new experience and I will certainly work more with it

      Delete
  2. Very nice. I look forward to shooting it full of holes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! The chipped paint effect works really well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gordon
      I'm rather pleased, being the first time I play around with this

      Delete
  4. Nice work! The weathering works really well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonas
      I think it turend out well, and as usual with Dust-things it didn't take too long to do. (Which is important as I have two big boxes full of unpainted Dust-stuff)

      Delete