Wednesday 5 November 2014

Shadows of Brimstone - Tentacles

The first group of monsters from my Brimstone boxes is finished – tentacles! My philosophy on the Brimstone minis is essentially to get it all painted in a relatively short time, so I’ll try to use simple paint schemes, washes and drybrushing. Nothing fancy, but I’ll try to make decent paintjobs.
To be able to start playing with my toys I will concentrate on one of the boxes to start with. City of the Ancients have most appealing monsters as a whole, in my opinion, so they go first.
You’ll find six tentacles in each of the boxes, so these were the perfect ‘monsters’ to begin with. I did all 12 of them in one go, to get an assembly line going. They are one-part but have rather disappointing mould-lines. I had to accentuate the folds in the hide and also carve out some of the suction cups as some of them started out as lumps more or less. Not too difficult though, and well worth the little extra effort.
Adventuring really sucks!
Paints used:
Skin – Formula P3 Traitor Green with an Army Painter Strong Tone wash and drybrushed with Vallejo 914 Green Ochre.
Suction cups were drybrushed Vallejo 944 Old Rose.
Rocks – 987 Medium Grey with Strong Tone wash.

Finally a group-shot of some of the monsters. As you can probably see there will be a lot of green-stuffing the next couple of weeks…
Next on the painting table will be the spider thingies.
Click here for the rest of my painted Brimstone minis.

6 comments:

  1. Looking good, and a very good plan. Get it table-ready rather than going for individual art because you'll never them done if you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a plan I should stick to regarding most of my stuff....

      Delete
  2. Those tentacles are icky and give me the creeps. Will they be coming out of some terrible stagnant pond or bottomless pool?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They seem to come from everywhere. Cave-floors, lawns, swamps and your bath-tub. Beware!

      Delete
  3. Do you have youtube videos for painting these?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. But you should be able to use the paints above and get more or less the same results

      Delete