Friday 24 April 2015

Boats from Games of War

I’m preparing for one of the scenarios in the Perilous Island campaign for Pulp Alley. It’s set in an Indonesian harbour so we will need ships and boats.
Jolly Boat
These are the first, a couple of small boats from Games of War. They are just £5 each which is a great price for the quality you get. I’m really happy with them.
Paints used:
Wood – Vallejo 843 Cork Brown
Red planks – Citadel Foundation Mechrite Red
Everything washed with Citadel Devlan Mud and heavily drybrushed with Cork Brown and then a lighter drybrush of 976 Buff
That was easy!

Sea Pup
I have also bought the Sea Dog #2 sailing ship and it’s bound to be painted shortly.
They are all 28mm or 1/56 scale. 
Update: the boats with occupants in my next post, to get an idea of their sizes. 

14 comments:

  1. Really nice! Been thinking about getting some for my Darkest Africa/Lost World games and these look just the job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you can't go wrong with these. I would like some oars, though. Will have scratchbuild those I guess.

      Delete
  2. Very nice, if I ever get around to a good pirate game I do want some of these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, you can always use them for other games...

      Delete
  3. Hmm, Osgiliath 2, the Gondorians Strike Back, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course not. With toy soldiers you don't need a reason. Toy soldiers is the reason.

      Delete
  4. They look great - maybe you can add a shot with figures inside to see how many can fit?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea. Will be in next pulp-post (if I remember...)

      Delete
    2. A picture with boats and 'crew' in this post
      http://miniatyrmannen.blogspot.se/2015/04/corpo-di-spedizione-santa-sede.html

      Delete